About the Blog:

Guelph Politico is locally sourced and dedicated to covering the political and cultural scene in the City of Guelph. Est. 2008.

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Remember World AIDS Day Tomorrow


Marking Worlds AIDS Day tomorrow, I thought I would repost this video I made in 2011/2012 for the Guelph Volunteer Centre and the AIDS Committee of Guelph. When I was making it a few years ago, it was the 30th anniversary of the identification of HIV, the virus that leads to AIDS; 30 years ago from today in 1984, conditions were getting close to crisis proportion as there was still a lot unknown about the disease, and there was still no sign of a treatment or a cure. A lot's changed in the last three decades, and looking back to when I made this video, I'm still humbled by the experience and realizing both how far we've come since those early days, and how far we still have to go. The AIDS Committee of Guelph is now the HIV/AIDS Resources and Community Health (ARCH), but they're still doing good work for those in our community with HIV, as well as promoting education and sexual health. You can watch the five minute video below.


No comments: