About the Blog:

Guelph Politico is locally sourced and dedicated to covering the political and cultural scene in the City of Guelph. Est. 2008.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Back on the Trail

Well, it's about half way through September, it's an election month and I've what, put up like three posts since the month began? Pretty pathetic, right? Well, pretty busy is more like it. I've spent the better part of the last two weeks covering the Toronto International Film Festival, and though we like to talk about what a multifaceted society we are, sometimes the reality is we can only take one thing at time. So that's where we are, mid-September and not a lot of movement on a political blog in the middle of an election campaign.
But that is about to change. With TIFF officially behind me I will be now moving on with election coverage from now until October 6th. Candidate interviews? Yes, I'll be doing candidate interviews, the first one is tomorrow point of fact. I'm doing something different this election season, I'll actually be producing podcasts of my candidate interviews, and I'm going to try and get all the candidates on a podcast. We'll see if I can do it, I have three out of five candidates booked so far. 
I'll also be trying to do daily posts, parsing the issues and checking out campaign events. We'll see what happens, but it's been a surprisingly quiet campaign so far. Maybe it's because of the ill-timed early September start of the election, a busy time with kids getting back to school and people getting back into their routines after August vacations, but every election has its own excitement, and now I'll be digging in to find it.
See you on the election trail.

No comments: