About the Blog:

Guelph Politico is locally sourced and dedicated to covering the political and cultural scene in the City of Guelph. Est. 2008.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Politico Reaches 200 Posts

Happy Politico Reaches 200 Posts Day! Though it didn't happen as soon as I would have liked, the Politico blog now celebrates its bicentennial. Who would have thought?

But rather than celebrating me, I'd rather be celebrating you. I saw this as a great opportunity to thank those you who have taken the time to read this blog, but especially those of you who have gone the extra mile to post comments. And what wonderful comments they have been. Thoughtful, considered and occasionally insightful.

As a writer you want nothing more than to know that you're being read. With Politico though, my ambition was to also start conversations, to get opposing views, to create a veritable public square where no one is silenced and where everyone has an invitation to speak. I hope you feel the same way, and I hope we can keep developing that dialogue in the future.

And now, on with the countdown...