About the Blog:

Guelph Politico is locally sourced and dedicated to covering the political and cultural scene in the City of Guelph. Est. 2008.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Guelph Politicast #5 - Liz Sandals

It's almost fitting that the chips fell this way, talking to all her competitors for the seat of Guelph's MPP before talking to our current representative Liz Sandals, who's hoping to get elected for a third time on October 6th. Sandals has come under attack from many of her opponents for unavailable and unattached to the city, bringing edicts from Queen's Park to Guelph rather than talking Guelph concerns to Queen's Park as it were. I asked Sandals about it in the interview and she hit back at that one pretty hard.
Other areas touched upon include Sandals' pet issue education, as well as the environment and her own political future. It was an interesting discussion, and I even got a chance to ask Sandals to describe a day in the life. I don't know if this might get people to see the bigger picture of how jammed an MPP's schedule can be, but like the man said, I report, you decide. 
On a side note, this is the last podcast I have scheduled. I'm going to do what I can to see if I can do a proper sit down with Philip Bender and Julian Ichim, and I'll keep you posted if that materializes. In the meantime, enjoy Politicast #5.


No comments: